Spring White Sangria
Image courtesy of Food Network
Never heard of White Sangria? Well come on, Spring is here, why not try something new? If you are a fruit lover, load this with orange, lemon, lime, mango, and pineapple slices, kissed with orange juice and natural cane sugar. It will turn out pretty fantastic and it will taste even better after chilling up to 8 hours. The perfect drink for a spring day braai!
- 2 bottles dry to semi-dry white wine, such Chardonnay
- 2-3 cups orange juice (freshly squeezed preferred), to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 large handful frozen mango chunks (optional)
- 3/4 cup natural cane sugar, or to taste
- Soda water (optional)
Add everything except the cane sugar into a large pitcher and stir well. Add sugar to taste and adjust until your desired sweetness is achieved. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Before serving, you may add some soda water & ice if desired. Taste again and add more sweetener if necessary.
Note: You can always cut this in half using 1 bottle of white wine.